Living the simple life

Thursday, 1 November 2012


Have decided after managing to complete Stop-tober challenge of saving every penny to attempt No-spend -vember. Am going to use up freezer contents so I can re-organise with more homemade ready meals instead of odds and sods. Although I make big meals now we have son living here for a while I only get 1 portion left over so want to make bigger batches and have 6 portions instead of 4.

Have been inspired by   Froogs at  http://frugalincornwall.blogspot.co.uk/ fab photos of her big batches. So each week after freezer is depleted I will be making a different batch ie. chilli and spag bol one week, quiches and cakes the next then by December I should have a range of meals in individual portions.

Have done very well and managed to buy some Christmas presents or rather ingredients for hampers without breaking the bank. Most of the gifts otherwise will be homemade as usual but want to get my Grandson some toy animals from the early learning centre and get Grandad to make him a little zoo to keep them in.

Have had to empty the loft of 30 years of junk/memorabilia and a few treasures. the landlord needs it empty by the 23rd of November to re-insulate the loft, we were hoping to do it gradually over the next 6 months as we had planned but I wont miss the chance of more insulation.  So am attempting to become Queen of E bay. I dont think I will get more than £1 per item but there are a lot of items hopefully this will keep the wolf from the door for a while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment