Living the simple life

Friday, 24 August 2012

One Lovely Blog award

I have been nominated for the 'One Lovely Blog Award' by my sweet friend  Victoria at  http://www.nannynora.co.uk/. How exciting! Thank you so much Victoria, you have made my day xx


The Rules are:-
The Rules for accepting this Award is as follows:
1. Add the award to your blog.
2. Thank the blogger(s) who gave it to you.
3. Mention 7 random things about yourself.
4. List the rules.
5. Award up to 15 bloggers.
6. Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog.  


I have to list 7random things about myself...hmmm

1. I trained as a photographer in the days when you had to use liquid to develop pictures and have only recently got to grips with digital photo's.

2. I once chased David Bailey across Manchester airport till a policeman with a BIG gun stopped me, do I look like a terrorist?

3. I love crime novels, James Patterson, Patricia Cornwell and Val McDermid especially.

4. Val Mcdermid once came in the charity shop I managed and I didnt realise it was her till she had gone!

5. I run a little rescue centre for Guinea pigs and rabbits, they just arrive somehow.

6. I wanted to study forensics before it was fashionable.

7. I once applied for a job as a housekeeper to the Countess of Swinton and only missed out because my children were little.

3 comments:

  1. I'm afraid that a blogger who swears at people is not lovely and therefore not deserving of an award. It seems many people condone bullying though, and think it is ok that the person bullied has now shut down their blog because they had the temerity to disagree with someone with a large ego who likes to shout people down. I would not be surprised if people went over to the other blog and left poisonous remarks that intimidated the blogger too. She did not use abusive language when she made her comment but the owner of the blog you have given an award to did, and reacted in a most unkind way.

    Personally I am outraged by such behaviour and it alarmed me. There was also a further comment, which was later removed that was even nastier and addressed to other people too. I do not admire people like that in the slightest.

    On the other hand Little Cotton Rabbits is a very lovely blog and is an example of a person we would all do well to try and emulate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In case it is not clear which blog is referred to it is the last one on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear anonymous, thank you for spoiling my post, I was so enjoying being nominated by a dear friend after a very tough week of hospital visits with my poor hubby. Your opinion is your opinion so please keep it to yourself. Im not going to delete your comment, I am going to leave it there to remind myself how lucky I am to be easy going and accept others points of view and also how grown up I am.

    ReplyDelete